It's day two back to work and this time last week I was just getting out of the hospital from my parathyroidectomy. It's no easier to get up and I still felt a bit crappy and waaaayyyy unmotivated. Thank goodness I feel better towards the end of the day and then at nighttime I feel great. I'm determined that as long as I make it through this week, next week will be better. Yet I gotta kick my butt up some notches to get my billing down at work. Productivity, productivity, productivity. Anyway, a 3-day weekend awaits. My favorite. Three days is just the perfect amount of time off to actually make me feel like I want to go back to work. That is the dream, baby. That is the dream.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Day in review
I saw an old, old client today. It was good to see them and catch up and it makes me feel great that they come back and check in. Made my day and I told them as such.
I also had my post-op appointment and that went real well. My scar is looking good. The name of the game is sunblock, no sun, lotion and scar cream. Repeat. I felt an instant amount of joy after the appointment and, was glad that in the midst of the chaos of deciding to do the surgery at the last minute, it was done. Another step in the road to better health. I'll be curious to see how having this corrected in my body will make me feel better. I hope it makes me feel better and better. I just need to lose some more weight and keep on keeping on. I set out to take care of business this past fall and I taking care of business.
I looked at a friend's office space tonight and was inspired by her tenacity and drive to make her private practice thrive. Yet she was candid on how incredibly hard it is to start out in private practice. I am thankful for a great community of therapists to gain wisdom, troubleshoot and share dreams. There are therapists who I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to and there are the therapists I work with who are some incredibly amazing and hard working people. I am constantly inspired. We will see where this part of my journey takes me.
Look at me, I am starting to write more and do the photo-a-day thing which means I am inspired, balanced and maybe just maybe disciplined. Let's hope that extends to my need to workout. I think it will.
Posted by life girl at 7:52 PM
Labels: career, general life stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment