Today's adventure was quite a pleasant and yummy surprise. If you saw my photo of the day post, you saw and read that I got my first delivery of fresh organic veggies and fruits! Too exciting. It's like a healthy surprise in a box. We got an all veggie box and a small fruit box. With the veggie box came a wide variety of lettucy and cabbage things. Romaine, kale and collard greens among maybe one or two more. So, I committed in my mind this evening that one, despite how tired I am, I am going to juice and two, I will use the slightly odd greenery. Not the predictable carrots or the yummy fruit. Nope good ole "if they never delivered it to me, I'd never would have bought it" greens! Thankfully, I have my trusty "The Everything Juicing Book" and flipped to my ingredient index and looked up "leafy greens". I happened upon a Kale Carrot but for some reason that I can't remember because it is too late, I moved on. Then there it was in black and white...Kale Apple! Here are the ingredients:
2 granny smith apples, cored
1 leaf of KALE
Juice ingredients and stir.
It was yum-o. Sweet without being too sweet. A lovely tarty zing. No real taste of Kale. In fact, next time (and with this one there will be a next one-unlike the Spicy Tomato debacle), I'd even venture another leaf or even two of Kale. Crazy, huh? It was like a sweet, yummy healthy party in my mouth. My next goal is just like I pack my lunch the night before, I am going to get all my morning juice ingredients in a ziploc ready to go the night before. Then wam, bam in the juicer juice and I am outta here! Shouldn't be too hard. So not hard that I should get off my tookus and do it now. Happy Juicing!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Adventures in Juicing: Kale Apple
Posted by life girl at 11:13 PM
Labels: adventures in juicing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment