In the fall, I began the South Beach Diet which lead me to drinking alot of vegetable juices. I bought them from Trader Joe's and it became rather expensive. That's when I thought that taking up juicing might be a fun and economical adventure. I placed a juicer and juicing recipe books on my Christmas list this year and lo and behold, I got one from Santa! It's nice to know that Santa is also interested in my health and my economic situation.
Anyway, both the magic man and myself have enjoyed juicing over the past several days. The magic man has even taken up cleaning it after every use which is impressive since he has childhood trauma from doing dishes and now avoids them at all cost. Um, I digress. My favorite kind of vegetable juice for a long time now has been tomato. Yum-o! I still not have perfected such a drink in the short amount of juicing time.
The tomato type juice I get at Trader Joe's is called a vegetable juice and it does have a little kick to it. So, when I was skimming my new book, The Everything Juicing Book, I came upon a recipe for Spicy Tomato.
In one word: YUCK!
The recipe was as follows:
6 Roma tomatoes
1/4 red onion
1/2 jalapeno pepper
1 clove garlic
1 celery stalk
Juice ingredients in order listed. Stir.
All I can say is that it is a miracle of miracles that I didn't just lose it aftewards. Ugh. Too much red onion and too much jalapeno pepper. I'd put 1/8 of red onion and 1/4 jalapeno pepper next time if I wasn't so traumatized by it this time.
Anyway, let's hope that adventures in juicing doesn't become adventures in being traumatized by bad juicing recipes and then never want to have veggie juices again.
Saturday, January 01, 2011
Adventures in Juicing: Spicy Tomato
Posted by life girl at 10:26 AM
Labels: adventures in juicing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment