So, I have some big news to share! No we are not pregnant. We haven't won the lottery. I haven't passed the MFT licensing exams...yet.
I'm officially a non-coffee drinker! To some this probably doesn't come as such shocking news and you honestly just don't care. To others you are shaking your head in confusion and wondering if I'm okay. I identify with the later.
It's been a gradual process. It wasn't an intentional process either. It just happened. This is probably why I am still trying to wrap my head around it. For the past 3 weeks or so, I've been on the South Beach diet. I've keep it to lean protein, low GI veggies and fruits and some whole wheat type deals. Most just lean protein and low GI veggies. The rationale is that you need to kick the sugar addiction. Also, I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and part of that is that my body is insulin-resistant so carbs and me just don't get along. I'm also on some medication that helps to control my insulin levels. I'm not diabetic. I plan to stay that way. Anyway, needing to take control of my health, I've been pretty good on this new venture. That is when it happened.
I've drastically reduced my caffeine intake over the past few years. I can do about one cup of coffee a day and occasionally one diet coke before I start jumping off the walls. That was far better than what I used to be which was caffeine was like water. Drink a cup and go to sleep the next minute. Anyway, I'd say about a week and a half ago, I started to just not like the coffee I was making at home. I'd get myself a cup out of my favorite Keurig and then only have about a half of it before I just didn't want it or it got cold. Then there were about 2 days that I'd get some myself a cup and it just made me want to gag at the thought of drinking it. I'd pour it out. So, finally I just decided not to make it one day. Then the next I'd make it only to again pour it out. Gag me. I bought it at a restaurant because I always have coffee in the morning for years. Only a few sips because I had just paid money for it. My body obviously doesn't crave it anymore. My psychological addiction has been the part I've had to wrestle with. Today I made it again. One sip then I just didn't care for it. So, I think I'm officially off of coffee and I'm hear to declare it. There I said it. Now maybe it'll seem real.
Monday, September 06, 2010
No coffee... what?!
Posted by life girl at 3:01 PM
Labels: general life stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment