BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's been awhile...

It's been awhile...since I blogged. It's not that I haven't thought about blogging, it's just that I didn't feel like I had much to say. All I had to say was: I'm surviving.

I'm surviving. I got up everyday...well, almost everyday. I went to work. I tolerated weekends. I'm still married.

Really, that's it. Trust me. That felt like running 2 years of everyday 26.2 marathons. A wee dramatic. Nope.

Lately, I feel like I am starting to move beyond surviving. I also might have hope that I could thrive.

The biggest news is that my mother-in-law is going back into a nursing home. If all goes as planned, the process will begin on Monday morning. She'll be admitted for three days to the local hospital for observation, evaluation and a full work-up. Then, she'll be transferred to the nursing home at the end of the week. Let's hope all goes as the nursing home has planned.

This has obviously been a hard decision but a necessary one and we feel good about it. Not like jump up and down good about it but a peace, good about it. And trust me, this ain't happening without a lot of screaming, crying and gnashing of teeth... yes, it does feel like HELL. But a hell that has a glimmer of hope. Figure out that theology.

Then the husband and I will attempt Marriage 2.0 even though we feel like we've already been through the advanced course. We've done poorer, sickness and worse. Check. We're hoping God favors us as we attempt to accomplish better, health and rich. Otherwise, we'll be focusing on our careers (not rich just fulfilled), health (de-stress, lose weight) and better (just a little break from the last two years). And obviously, we'll be making sure his mom has the best care possible in the nursing home. The sky is the limit after that and we're God does favor us with a nice long peaceful break and health for our families.

For me, I'm in the last stages of collecting my hours for licensing. I should be done with my hours by the end of May. Then I'll submit my application for exam eligibility. Pray, pray, pray for me. I've already started the process of studying for the exams. And I mean examS. I think I'll rock them. With lots of studying and prayer, I'll rock them. I'm looking forward to this next stage of my career. I still really enjoy my current employment. Working with at-risk adolescents is truly rewarding, frustrating, exasperating and fulfilling. It's also a heck o lot of paperwork. Heck o lot. I have a job, insurance, paycheck, vacation and fulfillment. I'm blessed.

The husband will pour his time and energy into being a full-time professional entertainer with his comedy and magic. It's an exciting time for him to make his dreams come true and do what he loves to do for a living. I still think he is freaking entertaining and amazingly talented. It's love but I also think he's got the juice. I really do. So I am excited to support him as he starts living his life.

So, we'll see. I am excited to see. I'm also excited to begin again in sharing my life stories with you.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope all those things for you two, too!

Love you!