So, at the urging of my friend Michelle, I am going to attempt a post on being newly married.
The funny. The surprising. The I didn't expect this stuff.
I am sure that this post won't be the witty and funny. As I am writing this, I am recovering from a surgical procedure I had yesterday. I am groggy from the Vicodin. I haven't showered today and my hair is in a ratty mess and frankly, I could care less. This all started on the last day of our honeymoon when I ended up in the ER in Kauai with pain in my left side that I had never felt before. By the end of that ER visit, I had a rather larger kidney stone that had caused an infection. We then flew home with me in a drug induced walking coma. Then we reported to the ER in Pasadena per the doctor's order in Kauai only to be told after 5 1/2 hours that there was nothing they could do and I had to go see my PCP. So, after going to my PCP and waiting for an authorization for a urologist. Then going for a urologist then waiting for another authorization. I had surgery yesterday. I left out many horrid insurance details inbetween. Start date: December 28, 2007, Surgery date: February 4, 2007
That has little to do with marriage and everything to do with it at the same time. This is how our marriage began. James has officially won the husband of the year and has gotten a taste of the vow, In sickness and in health. He has waited with me, driven me places, held my hand and made me laugh when I just wanted to cry. He also hugged me when I did cry.
Last night James vacated the bedroom so that I could sprawl out on the bed and get some sleep and hopefully not feel as much pain as I was the only one who would be moving the bed. At 3:30am, I came into the living room to wake him up and ask him to come to our bed. I flipping couldn't sleep very well with out him. This is for sure an unexpected thing that marriage has brought about. I rely on him for a lot of comfort and security. This is me the independent, been single for awhile girl. As I woke up from surgery yesterday, all I wanted to see was James. Then I got to thinking what if James weren't here sometime in the future and I become a blubbering idiot. This too has been surprising since I've been married. I cry and cry and cry. I am so much more flipping emotional since being in relationship. This man has undone a tough girl.
So, this is marriage for me. I can't wait until he gets home. He brings me joy, comfort and security beyond belief. This independent, strong woman has become a bit softer and a bit more needy than before and that has been a tough but okay realization by me.
This is marriage, part 1. I am sure I'll have many more posts about the funny stuff when I get off flipping Vicodin and feel a bit more me.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
marriage, part 1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment