BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

practicum site search

Last Friday was practicum site fair day. It is a day for all the counseling agencies to come to our school, give a 3 minutes presentation and set up a both to talk to students and receives resumes. It was a little nerve racking but after all is said and done the worst is yet to come as we follow-up with phone calls, resumes, cover letters and many prayers for a call from an interview. There were a lot of great sites for many different reasons. Flexibility in schedule, theoretical orientation, private practice training, community mental health experience and the list goes on. It kind of feels like I just hope I get one. I could start seeing clients as early as April or as late as September. That is kind of crazy! All of the sudden it is here! Yikes! I am sure anxiety will continue to increase as that date becomes more of reality but until then I am just doing it day by day, assignment by assignment and class by class. I guess it'll go that I'll survive the responsibility of being a therapist client by client. That seems more manageable.

0 comments: